It is difficult to imagine a modern, dynamically developing company, without the functioning of its information system, and for its high-quality service, a staff of competent specialists is needed. The specialists of our center will help you maintain your information network.
Definition of Information System
Information system is a system that includes a set of tools and methods designed to store, process, search and provide information to an end user or device.
Most of companies in order to achieve the benefits provided by the information system, prefer to have one specialist on staff who can run the OS on the PC, in which case the site on the Ruby on Rails platform should be administered, and it is also desirable that he well versed in the administration of Windows Server and FreeBSD, and, of course, he should be able to refill the printer.
His direct responsibilities include connecting terminal equipment of an office or enterprise with pulling a twisted pair cable, and when the accountant does not have mail, the system administrator must come and fix the problem. And we will not even touch upon such trifles as monitoring and paperwork for the purchase of software and hardware.
It is advisable that this person be without education in order to pay no more than 20 thousand a month. You say that all this is a fairy tale? No, this is a reality. This is how the vast majority of both commercial and non-profit organizations work.
Composition of system administration services and their functions
A system administrator is a specialist (or a group of specialists) who create and operate an enterprise information system (IS)
The set of functions includes:
- Installation and maintenance of network and information systems;
- Coordination with suppliers of hardware and software for the implementation of the system;
- Planning, development of IP and the introduction of additional services;
- Training and consulting for technical personnel of the enterprise on the use of IP elements;
- Collection of statistics, monitoring, system diagnostics;
- Identification of errors in the operation of applied, system and hardware, error correction.
In an enterprise, to perform the above functions, the following services should be organized:
- Management service, the task of which includes installing the OS and DBMS, setting application launch parameters. Service specialists monitor changes in the operation of the OS, DBMS, and applications; monitor and collect statistics on the parameters of IP using diagnostic tools for errors. A set of measures is being taken to counter various threats of unauthorized access. It is recommended that the management service for large enterprises be divided into: a configuration management service, a performance monitoring service, an error management service, a security service, and an IP performance management service.
- The planning and development service determines the technical and economic efficiency of implementing various types of information services or company services, monitors the emergence of new technologies and assesses the appropriateness of their use. Supervise the implementation by contractors of the implementation of these technologies.
- The operation and maintenance service archives and restores the information system. They maintain a database of copies, determine the strategy for restoring IP in case of damage. They are involved in hardware maintenance (for example, replacing a printer cartridge), connecting new users, performing specialized work (caring for equipment).
- The General Management Service monitors the work of all these services, monitors the coordination of their actions, develops instructions for users, implements regulatory and reference documentation necessary for the enterprise.